Pages

Tuesday 24 October 2017

Tangle challenges

Today got off to an interesting start. I drive a Mini Cooper S and I took it to the Mini dealership to get serviced. I was given a courtesy car to drive. I was expecting something old, cheap, functional to drive. Instead the courtesy car was a BMW.

For those not into cars, the courtesy car would be worth much, much more than my Mini to buy new.  It was a nice car to drive, even just for the morning.

Diva #338 - white on black


White on black is about my least favourite combination for drawing. I tried though, using a black art journal that I have barely ever used. Here are my tiles.




Made by Joey #188 - Frunky


Frunky is a tangle I like to use but forget that it exists unless prompted in a challenge.


Zentangle Inspired Art


I've been playing around with a new set of water colour pencils, trying to get a 3D effect from colour blending. I used a variation of Mooka for my shapes.





Have a great week and thanks for dropping by.

Miss L









9 comments:

Anne's tangle blog said...

No one will see that you don't really like working on black. Both tiles are beautiful, especially the second one, that is sooooo very special!

Ilse said...

Beautiful work! I wouldn't say you don't like to draw on black paper, your second tile is amazing!

Gudrun S. said...

I love all your tiles :-))

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tiles all of them. Your color exploration is really lovely.

Annette P.-L. said...

All are wonderful! Especially I like your second piece in the black sketchbook! It´s fabulous!

Anonymous said...

When I read this today, I jumped to the About Me section to see if you were from the UK. Couldn't be further away, really. It was the Mini Cooper that did it. But I did see that you are a fellow Pratchett enthusiast. I've just been re-reading the Sam Vimes series from the beginning. I found myself sitting chuckling aloud and getting funny looks from my fellow holiday makers. I wanted to read it out to them! And the tangling? Much as I admire the white on black work, those two bright colourful tiles really got my attention. Fabulous.

michele said...

Gorgeous! I love the black tiles and those colored ones are just delightful!

trudi said...

Wow for not liking black it sure is impressive! Nice to get a BMW as a loaner 😀

~ joey ~ said...

Love your Frunky challenge as well as your colourful watercolour mookas! Excellent!