Pages

Friday 29 September 2017

Zentangle challenges and art journalling

It's school holidays here and spring. This week I've been away to Melbourne for a few days and have done some spring cleaning since I got home. First room to be cleaned is my study - haven't seen the top of my desk for some months and it had to be fixed!

My recent lack of Zen-spiration has ended. I'm drawing often and being more creative in what I draw. You'll see some results in this blog.

Diva #334- Crazy 'Nzeppel


I drew my first tile for this challenge after going to see an exhibition showcasing 70 years of the House of Dior. You can see the dress shape I used as my string. More on the exhibition below.


My second tile used a similar string to that used by Molly in the video. BTW - the Sakura America website has so much fun stuff to explore - check it out. Here's my tile.


Art journal


While exploring Melbourne CBD over the last few days, I found an art shop. Couldn't resist buying more coloured pencils and a new art journal. The journal is 5 inches square - perfect for Zentangle. Here's the journal and some of my drawings. I'm hoping to do one a day. We'll see how that goes.









House of Dior


My friend and I went to Melbourne to see Shakespeare played in a recreation of the Globe Theatre. We saw Much Ado About Nothing - hilarious! Nothing beats seeing these things live.

While in Melbourne we went to the 70 Years of Dior exhibition. I loved the exhibition so much I went back the next day for another, closer look. How can dresses make you feel so happy? I don't wear clothes like this. I don't read fashion magazines. I'm a jeans and boots girl and don't even own a single dress. But this exhibition made me feel joy. I had chills, it was just so breathtaking. Here's just two of my photos.




A bit of rock'n'roll


Last night The Husband and I went and saw one of my favourite singers, Dan Sultan. Dan knows how to rock a stage. And because it was held in a night club and not a theatre, the audience were able to dance. Loved it. 


Have a great week and thanks for dropping by.

Miss L







2 comments:

Anne's tangle blog said...

I like that 'Nzeppel 'dress'tile!!!

jeanchaneyaz said...

Love that you allowed your experience to dictate your tile composition! Very nice tangled dress shape!