Pages

Wednesday 5 October 2016

Diva #287 - Dreamcatcher

This week's Diva challenge was to use the tangle Dreamcatcher.

In my first tile I used the tangles Dreamcatcher, Shattuck and two from SandySteen Bartholomew - Mumsy and N.A.F. I added colour as a message to our weather gods - it is meant to be Spring so enough with the cold weather and storms!


My second tile has half of B-Tweed, some Purk, a touch of Paradox and a background of Huggins. The tile is not finished as well as I'd like as I was using Zentangle to help calm my nerves. We had a severe storm last evening - intense wind, hail, rain and trees branches falling down. Unrelated to that we also had a light fitting fall down and smash to pieces as we were watching telly. So, I like my idea but not the execution.


Other drawing


I've been playing around with Washi paper (see my previous post for other examples). Here are some tiles using it.





Solo Travel


Last week I spent a couple of days on my own in a cottage in Blackheath in the Blue Mountains, west of Sydney. I first started solo travelling last year. Now I take off for up to a week on my own each school holidays. I find solo travel refreshes my spirit and gives me a self-confidence boost.

This time I travelled only 4 hours away by car. While I was away I: walked a lot within the town and in the bush, browsed through a couple of shopping streets (Leura, Katoomba and Blackheath), had a 2 hour treatment at a day spa, drew, sat drinking tea by the fire and read.

Here are some photos.










Have a great week and thanks for dropping by.

Miss L



10 comments:

Anne's tangle blog said...

Wow, your dreamcatcher is stunning!! Thanks for sharing those photo's, must be good to travel by yourself and reflect on life.

Anonymous said...

Well I love the dreamcatchers, especially the one you said was less good - I love the colours. Your photos are great and, although I think you are brave to go off on your own, I can see the attraction. It looks like a lovely area.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Idea with these colours :-) Gudrun S.

Pat Mathes said...

Love your dreamcatchers and your colors. What a wonderful trip you had.

michele said...

All of your pieces are lovely! I really like the washi paper ones;-)

ria matheussen said...

Just like you, I need sometimes to go a trip on my own, I enjoyed that very much and when I come home I have lots of energy. There is nothing wrong about it, on the contrary!!!
I like your tiles with these little "Washi" I don't know this things but it is beautiful and so are also your two dreamcatchers and especially the second one is my favorite.

Carmela said...

Beatiful tiles and pictures.,lovely colors.

jeanchaneyaz said...

Lovely tiles. How delightful to go spend time by yourself. What a treat!

Suse said...

I hear you about spring and storms. Lovely dream catchers and I love the washi paper too.

Anja said...

Wonderful tiles! Love them all!
Many thanks for sharing your photos!