Pages

Thursday 22 September 2016

Tangle challenges

Diva Challenge


The Diva this week asks us to relax. She also asks us to draw with the sole purpose of relaxation and for show. Mmmmm.

I'm putting these images on my blog and I'm hoping for comments. I get a sense of recognition and value from the comments themselves and from the number of comments. I get the most comments when my work is good. But I need to put that aside and just draw. OK.

My first tile is a play with colour. Mist sprays, coloured pencils and lots and lots of Mooka. There's some Diva Dance around the edge of the red blob and 'Nzeppel within the blob. I enjoyed creating it but not sure that I relaxed that much. I was very focussed though.



My second tile is a play with two favourite tangles: Flux and Shattuck. This one uses black and grey and a simple string of wave-like lines. 





Made by Joey


This week's Made by Joey challenge features Buttercup. I combined it with W2 on a colour-misted tile.



It's a String Thing


I struggled with the IAST challenge. It uses Andante, Flux and Cruffles with a curly string. This tile is so bad that I doubt that I'll submit it. It goes on my blog because I like to show failures as well as tiles that I like. This one is a fail.



Postscript to IAST


It's a day later and I've created another tile for this week's IAST challenge. This one is better.




Other drawing


I've spent a bit of time with my travelling tangle kit this week. My page shows me playing around with CreZendo, which is a tangle recently featured on the Square One Facebook page. 


Spray mists


If you looked at my blog last week, you'll see that I've been playing with spray mists. I got the idea from an Eni Oken book about making distressed tiles. While I have downloaded and printed the book, I have gone beyond glancing through it. That was enough for me to get out my old scrapbooking materials or from buying some new colours.

Here's what I've been using.



Have a great week and thanks for dropping by.

Miss L










9 comments:

ria matheussen said...

Nice work and I like your "playing with spray mist."
Your Joey's tile is absolutely gorgeous, by these misty result and beautiful drawn Buttercup, you have created a very special atmosphere which I really love.

Anonymous said...

Lots of lovely work here. Thanks for sharing what you are using with the glimmer mist sprays. I love the colors and tangling on your made by Joey tile. Beautiful!

jeanchaneyaz said...

I do like what you are getting with those sprays. Your tiles are all very nicely done. My favorite though is your "Made by Joey" tile. It is delightfully composed lie flowers growing up lattice work.

Suse said...

I hear you with the diva challenge. I too get very focussed when drawing but not so sure how relaxed I am. I discovered while trying to do the diva tile with no planning that I grit my teeth, I definitely wasn't relaxed. So something to work on for me.
I like all your work, even the one you consider a fail. Your playing with colour is lovely too.

trudi said...

I like all your tiles my favorite was the Joey's Challenge, very cool with the sprayed colours. My IAST tile is similar to your but didn't turn out half as good, yeah it was tough.

Michele Wynne said...

All of your work here is really lovely. I had similar issues with the IAST Challenge and from what I can tell so far is we're not alone. The great thing is your perseverance paid off:-) Well done!

Michele Wynne said...

All of your work here is really lovely. I had similar issues with the IAST Challenge and from what I can tell so far is we're not alone. The great thing is your perseverance paid off:-) Well done!

Susan Theron said...

Very lovely. Your Diva tiles is really beautiful. Did not want to look at your IAST tile, because I still have to do mine.

Susan Theron said...

Your IAST tiles do not look to bad. I really did not know what to do with this string and tangles so that it can look like something.