Pages

Sunday 3 April 2016

It's a string thing #138

The challenge for this week was to design a tile using Citrus as the string.

I had fun with this week’s challenge. It got my creative (citrus) juices flowing. In my first tile I used a tile within a tile, which is a technique I’ve seen others use but not used myself. Tangles used were Ansu, B’tweed, Hollibaugh, Tipple, Printemps and Poke Leaf. I used water colour pencils for the colour.



I was all set to email this to Adele when I noticed her step out for Warped Eggs. That tangle caused me lots of trouble last week but I was tempted to try again. So, I did another tile. This time I used a Renaissance tile with the Tangles that I learnt when I first started on this Zentangle journey. They are Hollibaugh, Knightsbridge, Crescent Moon, Tipple, Paradox, Paushalov and Tagh. Warped Eggs is the background. 




Finally, I’ve attached a photo of my mandarin tree. It is Autumn here in Canberra so the fruit is large and getting ready to ripen. We’ve had this tree for about 12 years. This year looks like giving us the largest fruit we’ve had. Maybe my harsh pruning after the fruit set did the trick?




Have a good week.

Miss L


No comments: