Pages

Wednesday 24 February 2016

Diva #256 - Duo Tangle

This week's Diva challenge involved two Tangles that I've never seen or used. I struggled to get these Tangles to talk to each other on my tiles. The images I had in my head just did not want to appear on the page. I kept having to look at the step-outs for both and had to resist looking at what other people created before I finished my own versions of the challenge.

Here's what I came up with.







Jigsaw ZIAs


Over the weekend I finished my first ever A3 ZIA. I'm happy with it, particularly with how I limited myself to two colours - black and brown - and did not try and use every Tangle that I know.

Here's a link to it.

Arthur


Readers of my blog may remember that I have a kitten named Arthur. I haven't put any recent photos up of him because I don't want my blog to be about him or the other animals in our family. But, today he is getting in the way as I type this so maybe it is time to put a new photo of him.

Arthur continues to be happy, cuddly, playful, adorable and full of mischief. He and Luna (the older cat) can chase each other for hours. 


What I'm doing this week



  • Struggling with the heat. Canberra is having a week of 35 degree + days. Trying to teach teenagers in these conditions is impossible. My students are being pretty good about it all, considering.
  • Re-reading Harry Potter. I never get tired of this series and I continue to be surprised at just how much I love the books. I'm in the early chapters of book 6.
  • Re-watching The Good Wife on DVD while watching the current series on live TV. 
  • Watching some trash TV and yelling at it - I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here is on and I am hooked. Who needs to think when it's this hot anyway?

Have a good week.

Miss L

5 comments:

Ilse said...

Beautiful tiles! The first one is my favorite, because of great shadowing.

Didisch said...

Wow, such a different responses to the challenge. Love them all! cann't choose any favorite. They all look very delicate and organic, I love that look and feel of tiles!

Anne's tangle blog said...

Lovely, all of them!!! I like the way you aura-ed (is that a word???) Boo*Kee.
Oh, that kitten makes me melt :-) Photo's of animals never are to many.

Annette P.-L. said...

you are so busy! All three are very lovely and I like them all!

Simone Sass said...

Wow, busy week with great outcome! beautiful tiles! I love to see pictures of so cute kitties!