Pages

Friday 8 January 2016

It's a string thing #126 - updated

Update


Adele sent out an alternate step out for Pop Cloud this morning. Thanks for that Adele. 

Here's what I drew after getting Adele's email. I'm much happier with this one than my first.

I let Pop Cloud become the string, instead of forcing Pop Cloud into a string. I then kept Phroz very simple by using the internal string become the guidelines. 4Fun was then able to fun and relaxed by being an informal border around Pop Cloud. 



I'm now off to the National Gallery to see an exhibition by Australian Impressionist Artist Tom Roberts. 

Cheers

Miss L







This week's IAST challenge uses a string like a star burst, then the Tangles Phroz, Pop Cloud and 4Fun.

I really, really struggled with this string and this combination of Tangles. Firstly, my idea of forming the outline of the string with Pop Cloud didn't work because it just wouldn't go where I wanted it to. Then I found putting Phroz into a tiny space looked messy and bad.

My solution was to go big by using artist's acrylic paper instead of a Zentangle Tile. I then tried to create the effect of looking inside something but that didn't work terribly well either.

Here it is anyway. I will try this combination again later.





What I've been doing this week



  • lots of spring cleaning and reorganising parts of the house.
  • taking books to Lifeline, which is a local charity that I support. The Lifeline Book Fair raises tens of thousands of dollars are year to support its mental health/ suicide prevention phone service. 
  • catching up with friends
  • this morning I swam 1.5km. The other day I did 1km. By the end of next week I'll be back to swimming 2kms a session. 
  • a lot of surfing the internet looking at Zentangle websites
  • teaching my kitten that it is not OK to chew my fingers.

Have a good week.

Miss L




No comments: