Pages

Sunday 27 September 2015

ZIA Opus tile - almost

Below is the artwork that I've been working on this week. It's the size of an opus tile but created on artist's paper. 

I've used a few different techniques to create it. One is to cut the paper into strips. I've seen this done at school with the infants and primary students and thought I might try it out. The second was to use the Zentangle method of drawing a string over multiple tiles, tangling each tile, then putting it all back together again. This is called creating an ensemble. (see the Zentangle website for more information).

I used Reeves' acrylic painting pad, 300 gsm, which is my favourite alternative to Zentangle paper.






The tangles I used include (from left to right, starting at the top): cyme, bunzo, hibred, pop cloud, zenith, rixty, wist, crescent moon, sedgling, knightsbridge, keeko and mak-rah-mee.

The words are from Bijou. I have these words hung around the art wall in my study.


The only non-Zentangle thing on the pin board is my school timetable (I teacher Year 7 history and English). All the drawings are my own except the Bijou quotes.

Enjoy.


Miss L





No comments: