Pages

Sunday 13 September 2015

What's for dinner?

Tonight's dinner was a family favourite - homemade sweet potato gnocchi.







The gnocchi is equal parts sweet potato and plain flour, with a handful of parmesan and a little salt. It's finished with prosciutto, sage, butter and a touch of lemon-infused olive oil. 


The secret to super light gnocchi is to use an implement called a ricer on the potato. A ricer is like an over-sized garlic crusher. The resulting mash is very, very light.

Before making dinner I made some pumpkin muffins. I used the recipe from Taste magazine for oven-baked pumpkin doughnuts. I added crushed pecans. The result is lovely and light. BoyBoy loves them and gets some extra veg in his diet. Same applies to me. This should be good after work food for me.





This weekend I:


  • Cleaned out the fridge. We couldn't find the mystery bad smell so everything got taken out and reviewed. A lot got binned. We purchased new slidey shelf organisers so things don't get lost in the back of the fridge and start evolving into new life forms.
  • Got stuck into some gardening. Got rid of a wheel barrow load of chickweed from one area of the garden then covered it in mulch.
  • Re-potted some indoor plants that were looking sad and sick from winter.
  • Went to a trivia night to support a small country school. Work mates of the Husband have kids who attend, so we go to support them.
  • Enjoyed cooking in an oven that works. 
  • Enjoyed being outside in lovely spring weather. No wind this weekend, which was nice.
  • Spent much of Saturday drawing. I'm not very pleased with what I drew. I attempted this week's Diva challenge and I just don't like the new tangle she featured. It doesn't work for me at all.
  • Watched Moo being cruel to the cats. They are both wearing rain coats. The reason? There is none. 





Enjoy your week.


Miss L





No comments: